As a picturesque seaside community, Deltaville is perfectly named. But auto accidents can strike anywhere, saddling their victims with suffering and causing crippling financial problems. Maybe you’re reading these words for your own sake. Or perhaps you’re concerned about someone you love. In either case, it’s important to talk to a Deltaville car accident attorney from Rutter Mills as soon as possible. The sooner you take this step, the sooner you’ll know your options.
Why the first glance is rarely the final picture
Auto accident law is complex, which is why it’s best to leave legal matters to professionals. Trusting advice offered by well-meaning friends or family members can set you up for years of regrets. With that in mind, let’s consider one of the common misconceptions about auto accident law. Say that a hypothetical person, Jane Smith, is driving down the road one day when her car strikes a pedestrian. Who’s to blame for this accident?
“That’s easy,” some may say. “Jane Smith is 100% at fault, pure and simple.” But is this assumption correct? Not necessarily. Let’s see why:
- Jane’s car may have had defective brakes caused by faulty design: If so, then the company that built the vehicle may be partly liable.
- The road on which Jane was driving may have needed repairs: For example, let’s say that the road surface was crumbling, a problem which remained in place despite numerous complaints to the highway department. In that case, the state may bear some of the blame.
- Jane may have been forced to swerve to miss an obstruction, causing her to strike the victim: Why was the obstructive object in the middle of the street? Who put it there? With no clear answers, liability, in this case, may remain an open question.
See what we mean? Legal matters are never as open-and-shut as most people think. That’s why it’s important to seek the advice of our Deltaville car accident lawyers before accepting a settlement or signing any papers. There may be aspects to the case that require the input of our team of Deltaville car accident lawyers.
Why Rutter Mills?
Choosing a Deltaville car accident lawyer is never a snap decision. It takes a little time and research to get it right. Here are some reasons to consider Rutter Mills:
- Our resources: We’re staffed by some of the top personal injury and auto accident attorneys in the country, ensuring that you’ll receive excellent representation.
- Our philosophy: We put our clients first every time. That’s why we work on contingency and offer free consultations. We know that the last thing you need right now is a big legal bill.
- Our approach: We’re gentle with our clients but firm with the other side. We’re happy to negotiate when possible. But, should push come to shove, we’ll go to court to see that justice is done.
- Our reputation: We’re known throughout the legal community for our ethics and our professionalism. Insurance companies know that you mean business when you choose us as your Deltaville car accident lawyers.
Contact Rutter Mills today to schedule your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.
When you’ve been injured, you’ve got a lot at stake - but so does the insurance company. Walking into the court room with a serious lawyer makes all the difference. Watch our video to learn more about Rutter Mills. Your lawyer matters.
“Nothing makes you feel more vulnerable than being hurt or ill. And nobody likes to ask for help. But when you need it most, we’re at our best. We give our clients the confidence and support they need to know they’ll be taken care of – that they’ll get the best outcome possible, even in the face of a very bad situation.”
– Brother Rutter