Halloween is here! Do your part to protect yourself and your children from Halloween hazards to ensure a fun-filled Halloween night.
Here are a few tips to make yourself and your children visible to motorists:
– Opt for costumes with light or bright colors.
– Carry flashlights or glow sticks.
– Walk on sidewalks whenever possible.
– Stay in groups.
Other important safety tips:
– Avoid masks. Instead, use face paint. Masks may hinder a child’s vision.
– Make sure your child’s costume is a manageable length – costumes that drag on the floor can lead to injury.
– Always escort young children.
– Examine candy before allowing your child to eat it. Discard treats in wrappers that look questionable.