Are you suffering because someone else nodded off while behind the wheel? Get in touch with Virginia Beach car accident lawyers today to discuss your case. At Rutter Mills, we’re available 24/7 for your convenience.
Five disturbing facts about drowsy driving
Most people know about the dangers associated with driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. But did you know that operating a motor vehicle while tired or drowsy can be just as deadly? Consider the following four facts:
- One out of three Americans is sleep-deprived: In fact, most people fail to get the 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night recommended by health experts.
- People who are drowsy are three times more likely to be involved in an auto accident: Lack of sleep reduces awareness, slows reaction time, and inhibits a driver’s ability to think.
- Research indicates that more than 20% of fatal car crashes involve drowsy driving: Each year, hundreds of Hampton residents are impacted in one way or another by this issue.
- There is no substitute for sleep: Trying to compensate for lack of rest with caffeine or other stimulants is a dead-end solution. In fact, these products may further impair a motorist’s ability to operate a vehicle.
Unfortunately, most of the public is unaware of the dangers associated with drowsy driving accidents. This means that many otherwise excellent attorneys lack the skill set needed to represent individuals who have been injured. For you, it could mean missing out on your opportunity to receive the compensation you deserve.
Why Rutter Mills is worthy of your trust
As experienced drowsy driving car accident attorneys in Virginia Beach, we invite you to get in touch with our office today. While we can’t undo the past, we can help you to make the most of the future. Here’s how:
- By protecting you from high-pressure tactics: Car accident victims should not be intimidated into accepting a token settlement. That’s why we work hard to protect our clients.
- By building the strongest possible case on your behalf: Like a well-constructed building, a winning case depends on a good foundation. We know how to uncover the facts that others try to hide.
- By keeping you in the loop as your case progresses: As proud members of our local community, we never forget that our clients are also our neighbors—and communication is key to a good working relationship.
- By freeing you from the fear of big legal bills: We offer free consultations as a matter of policy. If we take your case, then we’ll work on contingency. This means we collect no fee unless your case prevails.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Virginia statutes of limitation mean that the time you have to seek justice is limited. Get in touch with a car accident lawyer today to schedule your consultation. We can help you to put you on the road to recovery.