Small towns like Courtland are the backbone of America. Here, rural values like hard work and honesty still play a key role in our modern, urban country. Like all communities, however, Courtland is no stranger to the pain and suffering caused by auto accidents. Motor vehicles can turn into terrible weapons when operated by negligent or irresponsible drivers.
Courtland car accidents can result in life-altering injuries. Auto collisions all-too-frequently end in persistent pain, permanent disability, or even death. When another driver is at fault for an accident, you could be entitled to seek monetary compensation for your injuries.
A Courtland car accident lawyer can help you maximize your compensation. At the beginning of your case, they can carefully review your claim to identify its strengths. Following a thorough investigation, your attorney will advise you on the strength of your case.
For over 50 years, Rutter Mills has earned a reputation for our vigorous advocacy. We are proud to stand with Courtland car accident victims in their pursuit of the compensation they deserve. If you believe you are entitled to compensation from a negligent driver, contact a Courtland car accident attorney from Rutter Mills as soon as possible.
Common causes of a car accident
There are countless potential causes of a vehicle accident. Cars collide every day in Courtland, and there is no way to anticipate every potential cause. In fact, multiple factors routinely combine to cause a crash. When our Courtland car accident lawyers take on a new client, one of their first steps involves identifying the cause of a crash. Some of the factors commonly associated with a car accident lawsuit include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to keep a proper lookout
- Mechanical failures or defects
- Road damage or debris
- Pedestrian negligence
No matter the cause of your accident, Rutter Mills is ready to review your case and discuss your options with you during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Potential injuries in a car accident
The potential injuries in a Courtland car accident can vary from minor scrapes and bruises to fatal injuries. These injuries frequently result in life-altering complications. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Cracked ribs
- Brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Joint damage
- Tendon damage
- Ligament damage
- Eye injuries
Damages in a car accident claim
When a plaintiff in a car accident claim prevails at trial, the jury will award them damages based on the severity of their injuries. These damages can cover everything from bodily injuries to vehicle damage. Unlike some states, Virginia has no cap on the damages available in a car accident case. That means there are no arbitrary limits facing you or your Courtland car accident lawyer in your attempt to recover compensation. Damages commonly recovered in a lawsuit include:
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished future earning capacity
Unfounded assumptions can get you in trouble
Unfortunately, thousands of accident victims every year let the opportunity to receive maximum compensation slip by. They do so based upon common, unfounded assumptions:
- “The insurance companies are too big to fight:” Not at all. In fact, every Courtland car accident attorney here at Rutter Mills has taken on major insurers more than once, winning favorable outcomes for our clients as a result.
- “I have plenty of time:” No, you don’t. Statutes of limitations and other factors can impair your case unless you act now.
- “The accident was all my fault:” Not necessarily. Liability is a complex legal term that rarely fits into neat little categories. In many cases, the blame for an accident is shared by multiple parties, giving you grounds to seek compensation.
- “A Courtland car accident law firm only cares about big cases:” Here at Rutter Mills, we’ve handled cases ranging from billion-dollar lawsuits to smaller disputes affecting only a handful of people.
- “I can’t afford to talk to Courtland car accident lawyers:” At Rutter Mills, it will never cost you a dime to tell us your story. If we take your case, we’ll charge no fees at all unless you prevail. What do you have to lose by contacting us?
- “The insurance people already offered me a fair deal:” How do you know it’s fair unless you’ve added up the costs of your medical care, rehabilitative services, lost income, damaged property, and countless other accident-related expenses?
Speak with a Courtland car accident lawyer right away
There is no time to waste when it comes to pursuing a car accident injury claim. To take advantage of our 50 years of experience, schedule a free consultation with Rutter Mills right away.
When you’ve been injured, you’ve got a lot at stake… but so does the insurance company. Walking into the court room with a serious lawyer makes all the difference. Watch our video to learn more about Rutter Mills.
“Nothing makes you feel more vulnerable than being hurt or ill. And nobody likes to ask for help. But when you need it most, we’re at our best. We give our clients the confidence and support they need to know they’ll be taken care of – that they’ll get the best outcome possible, even in the face of a very bad situation.”
– Brother Rutter