If you use the roads and highways of Gloucester County often, you are bound to see your fair share of accidents. Traffic from Northern Virginia passing through to the beaches of coastal Virginia and the Outer Banks can add to the already crowded Route 17. Vehicle collisions are common and can occur even when you are operating your vehicle safely. If you were injured in a crash due to no fault of your own, our Rutter Mills team of Gloucester County personal injury lawyers could help you recover damages.
We believe the negligent party in an accident should be held accountable. Why should you be forced to cover your medical bills or vehicle repair costs when you did nothing wrong? Following an accident, a Gloucester County car accident attorney from Rutter Mills can evaluate your claim and guide you on the best path forward. Are you ready to learn more about the litigation process? Contact us today for a free consultation.
What to do following a car accident
Following a car accident, your safety and the well-being of your passengers should be your priority. However, if the accident was the fault of another driver, there are important steps to take. By doing so, you can ensure your legal claim is protected. They include:
- Seek medical treatment. You must treat the injuries resulting from a motor vehicle crash. If you fail to seek treatment, your condition could get worse. This is bad for your health and your injury claim, as the negligent driver could claim your injuries are partially your fault.
- Call law enforcement. Having the police on the scene could be beneficial to your claim, especially if the other driver admits fault when making their official statement. However, reporting an accident is also mandatory under state law when an injury is involved.
- Do not admit wrongdoing. Even if you feel responsible for a crash, never admit fault. The concept of legal liability in a car accident is a complex matter that should be left to a Gloucester County car accident lawyer. Anything you say at the scene of the crash could be held against you at trial.
- Contact your insurance. Your policy requires you to report your accident to your carrier. If you fail to do so, they could deny your claim.
- Do not speak to the other driver’s insurance. While you must speak with your carrier, you should never talk to the other driver’s insurance company. Anything you say could be used against you at trial or taken out of context.
No fee unless we win
When you work with a Gloucester County car accident lawyer from Rutter Mills, you do so knowing that you will never owe us a fee unless we are successful in your case. We operate on a contingency basis, meaning we only earn a fee if we recover money for you.
Call a Gloucester County car accident attorney
To speak with an experienced attorney about your case, call Rutter Mills today. We look forward to speaking with you about your case during your free, no-obligation initial consultation.
When you’ve been injured, you’ve got a lot at stake - but so does the insurance company. Walking into the court room with a serious lawyer makes all the difference. Watch our video to learn more about Rutter Mills. Your lawyer matters.
“Nothing makes you feel more vulnerable than being hurt or ill. And nobody likes to ask for help. But when you need it most, we’re at our best. We give our clients the confidence and support they need to know they’ll be taken care of – that they’ll get the best outcome possible, even in the face of a very bad situation.”
– Brother Rutter