Why the Social Security Disability Lawyer You Choose Matters
Social Security Disability is a critical “safety net” for those who, through no fault of their own, have become unable to work to support themselves and their families. It’s a wonderful program in theory. In practice, however, it’s not uncommon for even the most qualified candidates to have their claims denied. Our Social Security Disability attorneys understand the process – inside and out – which will greatly improve your chances of being approved at the outset, and we can help you file a successful appeal if you’ve been denied. Let us help you get the disability benefits you deserve – your lawyer matters.
Winning Social Security Disability Claims cases requires:
- Identifying issues of key relevance to the Social Security Administration
- Proper completion of all forms and questionnaires (sometimes used by the SSA to discredit statements and testimony)
- Additional or supplemental evidence that could strengthen the case
- Using years of contacts in order to better track how the case is progressing through the system, and the ability to keep it moving toward a fair decision
- Fully preparing the client for the hearing
- Preparing the medical evidence to support the claim for disability
- Preparing a solid and convincing appeal (if necessary), that illuminates and reiterates those arguments that establish irrefutable legal grounds
Rutter Mills attorneys have the skills and experience to win your case. We’ve focused on social security law for more than 50 years, and helped thousands of clients get the benefits they need – and deserve. Rutter Mills is proud to serve some of the following Virginia cities and their surrounding areas.
- Virginia Beach Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Norfolk VA Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Chesapeake VA Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Newport News Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Hampton Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Suffolk Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Portsmouth Social Security Disability Lawyers
Three Things You Should Know About Social Security Disability
What are the chances of being awarded SSDI?
Nationally, well over half — 64% — of all initial claims are denied. The odds are even worse on appeal — less than 14 percent of all “requests for reconsideration” are granted. Get Rutter Mills to put the odds back in YOUR favor.
Is it worth trying to get social security disability benefits?
Absolutely. If you’re like most of us, your work is your primary source of income; few can afford to do without it. And there are a number of things you can do to greatly improve your chances.
What can I do to improve my chances of receiving benefits?
Contact Rutter Mills. We can help you with your application and steer you through the entire process, even if you have been denied in the past.
When you’ve been injured, you’ve got a lot at stake… but so does the insurance company. Walking into the court room with a serious lawyer makes all the difference. Watch our video to learn more about Rutter Mills.
“There is a big difference between hiring a ‘claims advocate’ and hiring a real attorney. Not only are we more skilled at knowing the law, but we roll up our sleeves and do the actual work of getting you a resolution. Many so-called ‘advocates’ will simply mail you a packet of claims forms. Getting a client those benefits they desperately need to pay their medical bills, keep their homes, and feed their families – often people who are close to the edge anyway and really need somebody to go to bat for them – is incredibly rewarding.”
– Robert Gillikin, Social Security Disability Lawyer